- This event has passed.
Trauma Education: Science, Hope and Healing Part 1
July 22, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am$30.00
Trauma is common and can have impacts across the lifespan. This introduction covers the Adverse Childhood Experience Study (ACE), its impact on the community and the individual. We will also look at the flipside-RESILIENCE.
· Define trauma and trauma informed care
· Explore the Adverse Childhood Experience Study and its societal implications
· Understand possible lasting impact of toxic stress on development and behavior
· Recognize fight, flight and freeze continuum
· Learn how resilience is formed